Insomnia is a fairly common sleeping disease that causes sleeping problems for a lot of people. It is estimated that 1 our of every 3 people each year will show signs of insomnia. For those who do not know insomnia is a type of disorder where you have trouble sleeping, falling asleep, or staying asleep. It is very common for people to lay in bed all night but not get a good nights rest.
Does this sound like you? Don’t worry, We’ve all been there at some point in our lives.
Who Is a Victim
Everyone can develop insomnia and the majority of people will at least a couple times throughout their lives. If you don’t take care of yourself, or don’t take your sleep seriously then you are definitely at risk of an insomnia attack. This sleeping disorder can last for a couple of days, weeks, or even months which is called chronic insomnia.
Lets look at some of the most common causes of Insomnia:
- Physical Illness
- Excess coffee or caffeine consumption.
- Bad sleeping habits
- Drug or alcohol abuse
So how do we get rid of Insomnia? Well, for starters I would recommend you brush up on your sleeping habits and start controlling your life.
You might want to attempt to do at least some of the following to cure insomnia:
- Be more active and try to get outside as much as possible
- Avoid using computers and watching tv before bed
- Try to make your sleep environment as dark as possible
- Keep pets out of the bedroom
- Consider kicking coffee and pop, and only drink caffeine in the morning.
- Start drinking herbal tea
- Get as much sunlight during your day as possible
- Start working out or do daily exercise
- Try reducing stress by practicing mediation or yoga
Once you develop Insomnia the hardest part is to kick the bad habits that got you there in the first place. Managing stress and learning how to fall asleep might be something you want to look into to help get rid of Insomnia. Once you make it through the first couple days usually that is enough to get things in your favor.